Help/Veteran's Scholarship Veteran's children/grandchildren

Issues on Benefits

Moderator: bilbo37

Janet

Help/Veteran's Scholarship Veteran's children/grandchildren

Postby Janet » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:03 pm

My son, wants to be a Youth Minister, he is going to Liberty University this fall. He has a 3.75 GPA, is SAT was 1140, his ACT was 25, he plays HS Varsity baseball. He iss in all AP classes at his HS. He also teaches Sunday School for middle school children. We are searching for scholarships I was told there is a scholarship for children/grandchildren of Veterans.
L.U. is where we found out about the Veteran's scholarship for Veteran's children & grandchildren (from the Student Advocate Office)
They did not tell us how to find it on the Internet, other than using Google & other search engines & I have found similar scholarships.

I can not find the one scholarship where they require all the Veterans information like, time served, war time served, medals earned, retirement dates & so on. My Father and Father-in-Law gave me all their information, so I just need to find the correct Veterans site. I believe it is a scholarship you are automatically awarded, if you have all the information and can prove you are a descendant of a Veteran. I think more funds are awarded if you have more than one parent/grandparent that has served in the Military.

We are a one income family, my husband is a Electrician, is our only imcome. I no longer work, due to a car accident I had in 1993, I broke my neck, and was paralyzed from the neck down for about two months, then slowly, my body starting working from the legs up. It was a long process.
I can walk now, thank the LORD, but I do not work. I have had 2 surgery's,the last in 1996 to fuse my neck back together and I am on disability due to problems from my injury. This is not about me, I just wanted to give some background information on why the funds we had saved for college and planned on saving,for our sons,were depleted due to medical expenses.

This is why I am desperately trying to find the Veterans scholarship and have been applying for as many scholarships as I can find that Frankie is eligible for. I just want Frankie to attend college and have his goals become reality. Our oldest son, went into the US AIR FORCE in Feb of 2003 so he could get pay for his college.

Thank you. Any help it is greatly appreciated.
God Bless, Janet :P

brandi

Did you find out any info

Postby brandi » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:43 am

Did you find out where to go to get your info. I am also looking for info. I am a grandchild of a veteran.

purplemoms6

Postby purplemoms6 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:11 pm

I don't know of any scholarships that you receive automatically, but there are quite a few out there. First of all go to www.collegeboard.com and sign up. Then go to the scholarship search that lets you put info in that will bring up scholarships that you most likely are eligible for. I will continue my research as I am looking for ones for my children that are grandchildren and great grandchildren of veterans. I will post any new info I find. Lana

bilbo37

Postby bilbo37 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:34 am

Welcome Purplemom6..
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country. Calvin Coolidge Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby gmg » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:58 am

My Sunday edition of Stars & Stripes has something about an organization offering scholarships to spouses and children of military members.

Here is their website > http://www.thanksusa.org/main/index.html

But this seems to be only for dependents of active-duty folks. I don't suppose that will help some of you that posted above. Nevertheless, it seems appropriate to post this here.

Oh yes, a welcome to all y'all new Veterans Today members from the frequently-not-around admin.

I need about another 12 hours a day to get all my work done. Anybody know how to slow the rotation of this planet?

[size=0].[/size]
Freedom isn't free!

Return to “Benefits”