VA Disablitly rant and rave...I'm beyond pissed!!

Issues on Benefits

Moderator: bilbo37

VACharvel

VA Disablitly rant and rave...I'm beyond pissed!!

Postby VACharvel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 am

Why is it so damn difficult, time consuming, expensive, and humiliating to deal with the VA to receive benefits which we've earned through our service to our Country??

When on Active Duty, I was always told "the VA will take care of you" after you get out, retire, whatever. That is the biggest lie I've ever had the displeasure to be associated with in my 38 years of life.

I live in a very rural, depressed part of Virginia which is mainly consisted of farms, coal-miners, and other various occupations. The drug use rate is very high here, Oxy-Contin and other drugs are rampant among many of all ages here sadly. There are some good people here, but they are overshadowed by POS citizens who believe that they deserve to receive Social Security Disability, Food-Stamps, and other Federal Aid just because they were born within our borders yet many have NEVER worked a full day of work in their life. I've actually heard of a teacher having students intentionally fail tests/subjects so that their parents could receive their "stupid checks"...this is wrong on all fronts.

I am very angry and feel insulted at the way that I and many of you have been and are being treated by the VA. It shouldn't be this difficult to receive benefits which we've earned.

I've been waiting almost 2 years on a appeal on the VA's "decision" and have received nothing from the Roanoke Office but "we're working on your appeal" letters. I have enlisted the help of a Senator, Congressman, and civilian Lawyer in my attempt at receiving my benefits, but have been made to feel like a loser of a citizen and sometimes criminal.

When people who have never worked yet receive benefits they are "entitled" to obtain them much easier than veteran's I am appaled, ashamed, and disgusted with the very system created by Abraham Lincoln to care for and protect us.

What have we ever done other than serve something larger than ourselves and a belief in freedom to deserve this treatment (or lack of)?? I see people on welfare who have a better quality of life than I do and receive more benefits...WTF is up with that? They are rewarded for being lazy, stupid, and in many cases irresponsible on many levels of citizenship. I have no problem if somebody is legitimately disabled through no fault of their own to provide for themselves and their families...none whatsoever..the ones I am disgusted with are the ones who prey on the system as their "right" to do so.

I am frustrated to the point of crying, angry to the point of almost blind rage. Nobody cares, nobody want's to do the right thing...we're viewed as a number the VA has to pay and as lesser classed citizens...crazy...whatever the word of the day is at the time.

How can we win??

Disgusted retired Marine in Virginia.

magik01301

Postby magik01301 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Amen to that. I have been waiting since May of 08 only to hear...we are just waiting for the doctors notes to be transcribed...Ive called my congressman for them to say there is nothing they can do...I don't know where to go from here

perfumeriver
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby perfumeriver » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:20 am

There is VA 'etiquette' that one has to follow to deal with this bureaucracy. If you don't know what this is than ask someone.

If you don't play by the 'rules' then you and your claim will get 'lost' for a long time.

If you have anger issues then find an anger management professional to help you deal with it.

If you have problems with the V A paperwork then find some NGO service organization to assist you.

If you want to take on the whole world by yourself, well, good luck!

roadman1966

I may be able to help!

Postby roadman1966 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Dear fellow Vet, I hope you have resolved your problem with the Va by now. However, if you haven't I may be able to help you out. I must say that I have experienced the same treatment and let me tell you so many other Vets are in the same situation. It is a sad comentary that Veteans like yourself have fallen through the cracks either on purpose or by accident. I am a disabled Veteran Vietnam who suffered for more than 5 years for my rating to come through. It seems like everyone is against you, no one will step up to the plate and help you. Fortunately, I am a certified freelance Veterans advocate who has helped numerour Vets like you. I am also a freatured Veterans policy writer for an on line newspaper called examiner.com Gainesville edition. A have started a manuscript called Veterans, the next battle. A fellow writer from Washington DC has decided to team up and publich this manuscript utilizing true to life Veterans like yourself as an example of Veterans, the next battle. In addition, in connection with the manuscript we plan to launch an organization called "Adopt a Vet" this program will help benefit Veterans like you who are waiting for their Va disability. Please contact me asap and I can help you with your claim, shit can the attorney and don't expect a senator or congressman to help. You can reach me at letfreedomsing@yahoo.com or call me 352-208-9566, don't give up together we can win.
God Bless
John Rodda

approveo

South Carolina Regional office nightmare

Postby approveo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:02 pm

i've read others posts, i too am victim to the run around from lost documents, to stalls, and excuses. The VA hospital says, I have PTSD, Dissociative Behavior Disorder, Chronic KIdney Disorder, Blood in Urine, Ecezma, which is all in the records that they provided me, on freedom of information request, which was not performed as requested, I served 10 years, one month and twenty nine days, but the VA said they could only find 6 pages of my medical records, but in finding those six pages, they sent the wrong six pages, thw ones that say that those illnesses were contracted in the military. Now they are trying to get the VA hospital to retract their statements, and medical diagnosis, can you believe this.

Now this is my forth attempt to get benefits since 2002, which the others i was denied. Your statements concerning writing your congressman is worthless, you are so right, I unfortunately i live in the state represented by the You lie, so their you have my problem. My Va doctor had me submit an additional form to the benefit section which basically stated that I was unemployable.

So if anyone has some suggestions as to how to move this along, now they say they have everything, but waiting on the person who will inspect the file to see if they have everything, sounded like bullshit to me also, so whats my next step?

roadman1966

Veterans benefits

Postby roadman1966 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:07 am

I am only going to say this one more time, I can help! Contact me via my email at Letfreedomsing@yahoo.com . I am good at what I do, I am a member of several service organizations but I work independently free of charge. What do you have to loose. Good luck to everyone I hope it works out for ya'll.
John Rodda

dgon1329

Re: VA Disablitly rant and rave...I'm beyond pissed!!

Postby dgon1329 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:21 pm

You are correct. There are many people receiving benefits without ever working for them. It isn't fair that a veteran goes through what you, I, and others like us, have gone through in order to receive meager disability benefits. It is an insult to veterans, and working Americans, to see people abusing government benefits.

All I wanted from the VA was help to ease the incredible pain I was suffering. But the VA doctors kept saying I was fine. In the end, I became permanently disable because my condition finally reached my spinal cord. This could have been avoided if the VA doctors would have treated the condition they say did not exist. Now that I'm permanently disable, I was awarded 50% disability. Not fair.

American veterans deserve respect, and honor. Not abuses.

By the way. Did you notice that when you go to a VA appointment they reimburse you for your expenses at "their rate". Since their rate is far lower than the actual cost of going to the appointment, you end up losing money. But if you owe them money, their rate is much higher. In other words, if they have to pay you, they pay little; but if you have to pay them, they charge you higher fees.

Same thing applies when the VA orders a new toilet bowl for one of its facilities; it costs three to five times more than what it would cost the average Joe.

God Bless You, and thanks for serving our Country.

Return to “Benefits”