O.K........NOW I am mad.

All Things Vietnam...........

Moderator: bilbo37

dragonwyk711

O.K........NOW I am mad.

Postby dragonwyk711 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:48 pm

I am sick to death of all the accollades that the media and others give to the BUSH"S war vets who are dying to keep the Bush family( and their masonic pals) in OIL and OTHER riches.
They still haven't taken care of we who are injured mentally and physically by this ungrateful country which REWARDED the cowards who skipped out on the 'Nam when they were needed by giving them good jobs and making them PRESIDENT.
It is time for a CLASS ACTION SUIT against this country for the shabby way they treated we who served "MY country........right or wrong"in Vietnam, got POISONED with Agent Orange and sh__canned for rebelling against the generation who have languished off the spare tire around America's gut called WW2.
Is ANYONE else out there angry enough to join THIS movement? If so..............post on this topic and let's get together before we are all DEAD ( their wish). :evil:

namvet047

Postby namvet047 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:02 pm

i have been mad about this for 40 years and still that way. the problem is , is that todays vets will not stick together, reguardless of what war you were in. i don't know why. i have tried to figure it out and cannot. i have ask and showed and begged all vets from all wars, but can not get anything done. i just don't know. :(

roadman1966

mad as hell

Postby roadman1966 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I too am mad as hell. I served US Army from 1967 to 1972 and I still can't get over the way we were treated by the media, government, celebrities and the public in general. Today when I see Jane Fonda on TV my gut starts to hurt and I see red. Fonda and many like her should still be in prison for treason. Although I am mad about what we went through, I am concentrating on how to make improvements today for all Veterans. I am a disabled Vet who has been a freelance Veterans advocate for years who has been providing outreach leadership for all Veterans. Recently I have seen a special need to help our returning Veterans who have served multiple tours in combat. During Vietnam rarely would you see someone who served multiple deployments like today. Bottom line I don't want to punish anyone for past sins or rewrite history, I want to help change things today for all of us. If you have the passion pride and dedication to get involved, I would like to hear from you as soon as possible. Once you contact me I will explain what is on the agenda for 2010. In addition to my advocate status, I am a featured Veterans policy writer and the creator and host of a successful Veterans radio show which will play a large part in the up coming projects. Thank you in advance, look forward to working with all of you. Please email letfreedomsing@yahoo.com

namvet047

mad as hell

Postby namvet047 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:49 pm

i really like what you are doing with just what you have told me in the reply on the forum. the problem that i have is that the vets of today really do not care or they would be answering you like iam doing. i served 2 tours in vietnam and was wounded my first tour. iam not sorry for any of it even though i have been treated like shit. this war or wars today are not like any other wars. they are not fighting a war they are fighting terroists. one guy from chattanooga, tn. is on his 9 th tour right now, now you tell me how bad it can really be for him to volunteer 8 times, must have a desk job of some sort in a safe area. this is a whole different ball game. iraq, has no place to hide for ambushes, everything is wide open.anyway, as long as the big wigs are making money off of contracts and oil, there will be no end, unless the president just completely shuts it down and brings everyone home. the the people are going to go back to what they were doing in the first place and living like they have been for years.

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby gmg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:49 pm

[size=0].[/size]
namvet047 wrote:i have been mad about this for 40 years and still that way. the problem is , is that todays vets will not stick together, reguardless of what war you were in. i don't know why. i have tried to figure it out and cannot. i have ask and showed and begged all vets from all wars, but can not get anything done. i just don't know. :(

"... will not stick together, ..." hits the nail on the head. Except it seems that it's the numbers that count.

I suspect the broader problem can be put into perspective when one looks at a local veterans organization. It seems that it's a core group of members that are a small percentage of the full membership that keep activities going. From time to time members not normally known for being too active will show up for a meeting, an event, whatever; but it seems in most organizations it's a certain group that become officers and does the heavy lifting.

That's how the "sticking together" aspect comes into play -- everyone participating in an organization's mundane and thankless chores so that the framework is there to actually offer assistance when and if it's needed.

I recall a comrade used to constantly remind me that everyone was a volunteer, so don't bug others about not doing some work.

So the question may be what can the core do to draw in volunteers?

An obvious answer is to offer financial incentive, but that just isn't practical, is it?

So what else might there be?

How about a local newspaper agreeing to print a monthly list of those that participated in a veterans organization's activities to sort of give a member that spotlight he or she can feel some pride in when a citizen of the community served says something like, "I noticed in the newspaper that last month you were active in doing such-and-such for the veterans in our community."

Might even be the member's boss at work. Has to be brownie points there, no?

Just brainstorming here.

Thoughts?

[size=0].[/size]
Freedom isn't free!

namvet047

Postby namvet047 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm

you are probably right. we tried to have food at the meetings. that went well. after they finished eating they would leave before the meeting started. then we would have the meeting first and then the food would be cold or they would be late. its a problem, but there is one thing for sure. we know who has done the work and who has not. my little saying is, IF YOU CAN'T GIVE 1 HR PER MONTH TO YOUR FELLOW VETERAN, THEN YOU DO NOT CARE FOR THE VETERANS.people have downed me for saying this and quit, but i do not care. that is the way i feel.

Return to “Vietnam”