Please Sign The Petition for Chris Noel

All Things Vietnam...........

Moderator: bilbo37

KingCreole1948

Please Sign The Petition for Chris Noel

Postby KingCreole1948 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm

I am asking for the support of all Military Veterans in the effort to get Miss Chris Noel recognized by our government for her service to out Military and our Government during the Viet Nam War and for her continued service to the veterans through Cease-Fire VetsVille.

The petition reads:

We respectfully request that The President of The United States favorably consider, endorse and award the Presidential Medal Of Freedom to Miss Chris Noel. Miss Noel has served her country, as a civilian, with bravery, honor and distinction.

Here are some Facts to substantiate this petition:

Chris Noel was a disk jockey for Armed Forces Radio (Good Morning Vietnam) in Saigon and her show was very popular with the soldiers. The show was titled "A Date With Chris". Before she volunteered to go to Vietnam, as a civilian, she gave up a lucrative career as a movie star and entertainer. Upon visiting a hospital ward where combat wound military personnel were being treated and cared for Miss Noel knew she need to do something, and she did.

Chris, voluntarily, did four tours of Vietnam. She also saw a lot of the terrible effects of war on her tours of forward bases. To this day she suffers from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). When you are exposed to life threatening situations, loss of friends in battle or the ugliness of war it can impact sensitive people. Most often they suffer from nightmares, flashbacks, and other disorders. Chris still suffers from flashbacks, migraines and stress disorders following her Vietnam mission.

Twice Chris Noel's helicopter crashed in Vietnam while traveling to line units to perform singing and entertaining for the troops.

In Fact, Chris Noel was considered so popular and influential for troop morale that the Viet Cong placed a $10,000 bounty on her head.

Viet Nam War Veterans and many other veterans consider Chris a fellow "combat" veteran and hero.

Chris Noel is still giving to the Veterans. She runs Vetsville Cease Fire House, a shelter for homeless vets in Florida.

There have been many to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom but, of those, many fall short of the dedication, courage, and service to the military and the United States as exhibited by Miss Chris Noel. Chris Noel highly deserves this long over due recognition from our Government for her service, support and dedication to the Armed Forces of the United States.

The Undersigned

Please go to the following link and sign. Thank You!

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-pre ... chris-noel
ARTHUR (ART) L. PATRICK
SFC/E-7
US ARMY (Retired)

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Please Sign The Petition for Chris Noel

Postby gmg » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Sgt. Patrick, are you familiar with a group called "FEN - Far East Network Alumni Group" which uses Yahoo's platform for communication?

This group has many members that worked at AFVN and that would be a good group to have behind you, if you don't already.

If you are not familiar with the group and would like me to post your letter here over there, I'd be happy to do so.

Might be you can join the group, but it's been so many years since I first joined I don't know what the membership rules are now. I don't think the "bosses" over there let the general public join, but I might be wrong. I haven't even posted to the bulletin board in a long time. I just get the feed and read posts when I have time. But they are quite active, as would be expected of media types.

That's another thing, many are still working in various media organizations and/or have connections within same and may provide some help in that area as well.

But you may already know all this. Please let me know.
Freedom isn't free!

Return to “Vietnam”