The John Kerry Controversy

Get in on the Discussions - everything from Red to Blue

Moderator: bilbo37

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The John Kerry Controversy

Postby gmg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:48 am

Any thoughts on the remarks recently made by Senator John Kerry that has caused such an uproar?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0611010171nov01,1,7076670.column?coll=chi-news-col

From the Chicago Tribune

Kerry hands GOP a Halloween treat

And he spoke in that big, booming John Kerry voice, with that little bob of his head, which to him surely seems Reaganesque, in a good way. Then he came out with it.

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well," Kerry said. "If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

That's idiotic, because generations of Americans served this country, including Kerry in Vietnam, and some of them, like Kerry, can speak several languages and play squash and have read the classics.

And others don't pretend to be intellectuals but are extremely well-read and fight and die alongside those who didn't get out of 8th grade.

And all serve proudly and some get buried and their mothers weep, in those stories in all the papers every day from the military funerals, and no one would suggest they were stupid for getting "stuck in Iraq."

Freedom isn't free!

bdb4269

Here's a clip from MSNBC

Postby bdb4269 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:41 am

This is a clip from MSNBC

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... =Olbermann

This sums up my thoughts about it pretty well.

Brandon_01

Postby Brandon_01 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:24 am

That clip is pure filth. Such hate, delusion, and thinly disguised vulgarity towards a sitting president! The current president was elected twice by the American people. The same ones who voted in a Democratic House and Senate. Olbermann's words were borderline treasonous in my humble opinion. But thanks to our fine men and women in uniform, such filth he spewed (however offensive) is protected by the first amendment rights. But I can respectfully disagree and offer another perspective. You don't see Chris Mathews doing that bs - he asks some good questions, but Keith O. is just out the box.

dodgerob79

Postby dodgerob79 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:29 am

I can't say I always agree with the President. However, I do think that this man was completely out of line.
Rob

Jordans

Postby Jordans » Tue May 19, 2009 3:32 am

Appalling treatment of British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, could be written off as another example of the Obama administration’s incompetence. Visit www.JoyTiz.com for more on the failures of the Obama administration

Return to “National Politics”