U.S. Soldiers Denied Citizenship? What?

Issues concerning security, immigration, and all things Homeland Security - terrorism and what to do about it......give us your opinions; educate, help, or just let it out......

Moderator: bilbo37

JohnAllen
Site Admin
Site Admin

U.S. Soldiers Denied Citizenship? What?

Postby JohnAllen » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:43 pm

Today, we received a letter from Rafaelle Di Giorgio, a U.S. Soldier who has fought for our country and defended our freedom yet he cannot become a U.S. Citizen.....how does that work?

Read his letter at

"I have tried for the past year to work on the issue of my citizenship with various offices of USCIS and have been led down one misguided path to another. I have been treated like I am asking for a hand out by people who have never even served in the Armed Forces. When I get to the point where I mention going to a Congressman or woman or ask for an Ombudsman, the standard reply is “well that could delay processing of your case”, which I have learned is their way of keeping everyone in line. ........

http://www.veteranstoday.com/article577.html

Is this ridiculous or what?

Can anyone out shed light on this.....and not help Rafaelle but get this isuse out there to our U.S. leaders..........how can we ask people to fight and wear our uniform and flag and then tell them to get lost afterwards?

Am I off here?
John P. Allen

Raffaele

Postby Raffaele » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:54 pm

Dear Mr Di Giorgio

Sorry to hear about the egregious treatment you are getting from INS but there is very little the VA can do to help. You might want to contact an immigration lawyer. They usually can cut through the bureaucracy for a reasonable charge. Make sure you contact a few different lawyers so you can compare their services and cost.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

J. Stone-Barash
Veterans Service Center Manager (AM)

The response from The VA, hard to believe, even harder to swallow

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby gmg » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:21 pm

Okay, so the Veterans Service Center can't assist Mr. Di Giorgio, but your advice to hire a lawyer sounds as if there is no government agency that can assist him.

What if the gentleman can't afford a lawyer, no matter how competitive the fee charged?

Please excuse my dumb country boy instinct but this just doesn't sound right.11

ssgmike

Postby ssgmike » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:02 pm

I know this post is somewhat old and the individual may have taken care of his issue, but in any case there is FREE legal advise available for military personnel.

Active-duty members of the Armed Forces and retirees (and family members) may receive no-cost legal assistance regarding personal civil legal affairs from their local military installation or unit legal office.

Depending on the issue and their status, members of the Reserve components (and their family members) may also be eligible to receive no-cost legal assistance from their unit or a local military installation. Eligibility rules vary.

To find a legal assistance office use the link below or call Stateside: 1-800-342-9647, or Overseas: 800-3429-6477, or Overseas Collect: 1-484-530-5908, anytime 24/7.

Click here http://legalassistance.law.af.mil/content/locator.php for legal assistance locator.
SSGMike.Ivy Vietnam Veteran Combat Wounded Veteran D Company 3/8th 4th Infantry Division U.S.Army Retired

Morpheus

Postby Morpheus » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:43 pm

So has anyone heard from Rafaelle Di Giorgio? What happened?! This is absurd that he has to wade through beaurocracy and fight for what should be handed him on a silver platter because he's willing to die for our country! WTH is wrong with our Nation? :x

ErkkiNevatie

Citizenship

Postby ErkkiNevatie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:06 pm

Mr. Giorgio,
I'm a Marine veteran of Vietnam war, I got the run around with the INS on the citizenship issue.
I was out right lied to at one point, then suddenly 34 years after the fact and hundreds of letters that didn't produce any posetive results.

You need to get a hold of form N-400 and file it under MILITARY SERVICE durring war time.I got my citizenship within 7 months after going through that way, very few people seem to know what they are doing in higher up in INS, they just suffle paper, and it needs to be the right paper othervise you short circut their brain.

I have a friend , who knew some one higher up in INS and that person told me that there is a section in their rule book that states the You can be even under deportation order and still get your citizenship if you were discharged under Honorable conditions, and served durring war time.
Find the form N-400 and you are off to races.
Good luck.
Semper Fi Erkki Nevatie USMC
Vietnam grunt 66-67
:)

Screaming_eagle

Postby Screaming_eagle » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:19 am

I am an Army combat veteran of OEF, OIF, and war on terrorism. I got the run around with the INS on the citizenship issue. They denied my citizenship application which was based on Military service during time of war. I filed my N-400 application through the JAG office at Fort campbell in 2003. INS requested my military file om october 25, 2006. I could not get it to them fast enough. On November 14, they denied my application. I requested it from the National Archives, St. Louis, MO, but it will take 4-8 weeks. I need it urgently so I can file an appeal within the allowable 30 days of the denial. I would appreciate any help I can get.

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: U.S. Soldiers Denied Citizenship? What?

Postby gmg » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:34 am

Another bump for the same reason as already outlined in the previous ones I've done.

Freedom isn't free!

Return to “War on Terror and Homeland Security”