IS IT TRUE AMPUTEE VETERANS CAN BE DENIED VA BENEFITS????

Complaints, Issues, and Concerns about the Veterans Administration Hospitals.

Moderator: bilbo37

pickerman123

IS IT TRUE AMPUTEE VETERANS CAN BE DENIED VA BENEFITS????

Postby pickerman123 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi:

I'm a civilian and I've heard that vets from Iraq and Afghanistan who have been injured in combat and have lost a limb(or more than one) have been denied VA benefits.

How is this even possible?? And what circumstances or reasons are behind these denials?? It doesn't make sense. What technical reasons are being given? Is it something truly stupid like: You were shot on a Thursday and your wounds only count if you've been shot on a Friday?

I'd like to hear from those who have gone through or are going through it. It angers me to think this is even happening to our men and women who travel across the world,leave their families and have to go bankrupt, homeless because they can no longer pay the rent.

Sincerely,
Rich
Union City, NJ

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: IS IT TRUE AMPUTEE VETERANS CAN BE DENIED VA BENEFITS???

Postby gmg » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 am

Welcome to the forum, Rich.

I am not aware of any of us here at Veterans Today Network having information about loss-of-limb casualties having been denied any VA benefits, but I can assure you that our news side will pursue the matter if we have solid information that it has happened.

Could you provide us with more information on what you have read or heard?

Freedom isn't free!

pickerman123

Re: IS IT TRUE AMPUTEE VETERANS CAN BE DENIED VA BENEFITS???

Postby pickerman123 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:38 am

Hi:

Thanks for the speedy reply. Unfortunately, what I had read regarding benefit denial for amputee veterans was the result of a random search on the internet ( I was searching for general military info regarding weapons).

Anyway, I've tried searching for that entry on the web (I should have saved it as a link). However, if I come across it again, I'll be sure to post it here for your review.

However, I have heard that (please excuse my ignorance on this topic) that there are indeed injured vets having issues getting their benefits for a myriad of reasons. I saw one reports where the vets in question were ill or dying but because of their top secret status their records were kept confidential and their service in the theater was called into question with regards to cause and affect.

If true, what is the strangest reason a vet was ever denied his or her military benefits that you've ever come across?

Sincerely,
Rich

Return to “VA Hospital Issues”