Murder & neglect

Complaints, Issues, and Concerns about the Veterans Administration Hospitals.

Moderator: bilbo37

Tommy7

Murder & neglect

Postby Tommy7 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:35 pm

My father was a patient at the Chillicothe, Ohio VA Hospital. I took him to his appointments. My father was at the hospital at least once a month, for at least the last two years of his life, getting tests of one type or another. He was a patient there for decades. The VA hospital discovered that he had terminal cancer three weeks before he died from it. Kind of odd though, cause a few years before that, the VA clinic in Ft. Myers, Florida found spots in an x-ray of my fathers liver. When they did a follow-up at the VA in Chillicothe, they had magically disappeared. When my father passed, his liver was eaten up with cancer and his lungs were so full of cancerous tumors that a blind man would not have missed them. That's case #1
Case # 2: Up until a month or so ago, I was a patient at the same hospital. Do to sever pain, I have been on 5mg several times a day of oxycodone. I've been taking them for over a decade with no problems at all. The hospital tried to switch me to methadone several years ago. Only to find out that I was allergic to it, so back to the oxycodone. No problem, never had a problem with it to start with and it has always worked well for me. A few weeks ago, with no warning, when it was time to renew my prescription. I was told that I would no longer be getting oxycodone. That they were switching me to methadone even though I'm allergic and they would give me another pill that would reduce the allergy affects of the methadone. Wow, I no longer have the right to chose my own medical treatment. Sounds professionally stupid. And it was the VA providers decision not my VA doctors. I was told that there was nothing that I could do about it. Fixing something that wasn't broken (sound familiar) and running me away from the VA. It was bad enough that when I have my pain meds sent to me every month because I live so far from them. Every month I have to call at least twice for my meds. The first call was to order my pain meds and then I’d have to call close to the UPS delivery date (always one day before I was to take them) to make sure that they did their job and shipped them. And many time’s had I not made that second call I would have suffered the weekend - many time’s. When these sort of problems came up, I had a VA employee that I called my go to girl. After the brown teams nurse, Susan messed up my pain meds. This girl Amy was the only one there that I trusted to get the job done and done right. Well the VA didn’t like that so they made it harder and harder for me to get a hold of her and now I can’t speak with her at all. A veteran/disabled does not need this kind of aggravation in their life and it is not the veterans job to make sure that the VA does their job. I now doctor elsewhere, I buy my medication off the street. The cost to me is unbelievably expensive, but cheaper then seeing a private doctor. The VA has turned their back on me several times in the last ten or more years, up to and including putting me into withdraw for 10 days, a few years ago. Yea, that's right. My doctor had left and a new doctor, that had never seen me before, just cut me off my pain meds-cold turkey. So I filled out and sent in a form SF-95 0 for neglect. I was called by a VA attorney about the matter and he said that the records indicated that it was only three days without my pain medication. Listen, I was the one that went through the withdraws and it was ten days not three. Had it not been for my neighbor nursing me through it all, I would have committed suicide. Just what the VA wanted if you ask me. Out of fear for his life, my uncle switched to a private doctor after they killed my father/his brother. And your just worried about a waiting list? It go’s much, much deeper, your hardly scratching the surface and not just a few of the VA’s. If your doing an investigation, do it right and check it all, not half assed like the VA does their job. These VA’s see so many people that their starting to believe: that the needs of the many out weight the few and the Hippocratic oath means little to them. I’ve found them to be more like what I call (Sheeple). They know right from wrong and the ill effects on the veterans but tend to ignore it out of being job scared. How about this, they did an MRI of my brain and found a growth on my brain stem about four years ago. They said that they wanted to do a follow-up in a year to see if it had grown or anything else. I’ve reminded them of this every year since and still they have done nothing. And try to get all of your appointments for the same day is impossible. They would rather make me drive a 50 mile round trip three times in one week than put them on the same day and save me all the trouble, time and gas. I have other horror stories of my own from my treatment at this VA. But I fear that I may be boring you with things that you couldn’t possibly be naive enough to not know all ready. If I hear the term: Quality veterans care or see one more of the many signs, hanging on their walls saying the same - I'll scream, it’s B.S. The Chillicothe VA Hospital wouldn't know quality care if it punched them in the face. The patient advocate’s are worthless. I’ve had many complaints over the past two decades and the advocate did squat, and has never returned one of my phone calls for anything. In the past three plus decades that I‘ve been going to this VA, I have never asked for travel compensation. Thinking that the money may come in handy for another veteran. In the past two months, I have given them $6,000.00 because of a settlement that I won. All for other veterans, because I could afford it and it was the moral thing for me to do. They all seem very busy at the VA but busy at what - covering their collective asses? I’m sure you know why this all is going on, right? The more patient’s that they kill and/or run off to private doctors, the less responsibility and cost. They may say it’s cost effective. I call it neglect and murder…Veterans count on the VA to do the right and moral thing. We expect no less from our representative’s. Otherwise your part of the problem not the solution…What are you going to do about these sort of atrocities in the VA system?

Tommy7

Re: Murder & neglect

Postby Tommy7 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Wow! It's been seven days since my post. And though I could not get them to say how I came to their attention... I got a call out of the blue, a giant coincidence I'm sure-NOT! My VA wants me to come in for that brain stem MRI. Again, Wow it only took over four years. Looks like they may get at least one thing done. Sure would like to know how this came to their attention... Did they read this forum, was it one of the many people that I've written to from the US President on down to local government. And after a half hour plus on the phone they even managed to get me two appointments on the same day. It's a frickin shame that a person has to go to these extents to get done what should have been done years ago. They talked like they had just been going thru my records and seen it.. DUH! Now I'm scared to death they'll seek revenge. Way to instill trust, scared of my health care provider. So here it is:

I ___________ out of concern for my health and life. I’m writing this statement to whom ever it may concern. After writing and distributing the attached single page statement. I believe that the VA hospital and their well known lousy care and record doctoring, along with everything else concerning my care from them. I now have a deep belief and concern that my VA health care providers may attempt to greatly shorten or end my life all together. This may be done by arrogance, ignorance, neglect, or any other definition like over dose, over radiation, omission of information, lack of action, medication content manipulation, up to and including heavy metals, etc…My death should be investigated no matter how natural it may seem…The Veterans Administration is capable of anything and covering it up.

With all that's went on with them and my care in the past not to mention what their doing to other veterans. It will be interesting to see if I will have control back of my treatment. Their only correcting one four year old mistakes for now, time will tell and hope I live through their quality care to tell it myself...

I must say, that during the days here of my posts. I've read and re-read it over and over. I'm sorry to seem so bitter. Though my life has not been the best, I still face what I call evil most everyday. And even some days that I don't leave my home. Maybe I'm a BS magnet or possibly it says something on my forehead. Do I expect to much from others, in any case, most of the time we are bombarded with negative from one direction or another. But really when looking back, I've been quite blessed. If I were to give just one rule of thumb for life to anyone, it would be as follows: In your life, day to day and in all that you do. If something feels just a little bit wrong in anyway. Chances are those feelings are the right and the good. Don't do it...Not to be old hat but - WWJD?

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby gmg » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:32 am

We haven't exactly been offering much advice here at VT, but we sure would like you to keep us notified of any further events that are either good or bad.

For example, have they switched you back to the oxycodone? Or is it still the methadone?

Freedom isn't free!

Tommy7

Postby Tommy7 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:50 pm

As of today, absolutely nothing has changed. All is as it was at the time of my first post...Did you think that the VA system really gives a shit, I'm LIVING proof so far. Don't think for a minute that all my animosity is directed at the VA system. I have plenty more for all us government offices, federal, state, and local...I've never seen more people, more full of shit in my life. They keep feeding us shit by the shovel full and expect us to eat it with a smile on our face. I will not jump off a roof just because they say it's the thing to do...I know right from wrong, good from bad, & steak from shit...

Tommy7

Postby Tommy7 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Well July 31st I finely got my five year late MRI of the growth on my brain stem. The VA called me today and ask me if I wanted a neurology appointment. I had to laugh, what the hell. I said no, what I want is for you to call me and tell me did it grow or not. I don't need to drive for 45 minutes to get there and sit for another hour or more for a less than five minute conversation. The nurse that called me said that she would talk to the doctor and if she called me back , it grew and if it didn't grow I would receive no call. I said sounds good to me. Five minutes later I'm getting a call saying there was no growth but what the hell did you call for. The rush of adrenaline when I seen where the call was coming from, wow! Why would they do the opposite of what they said they were going to and do that to me? Good for me there was no growth of what they had found five year ago. I just don't get it... They are in such a state of head up their ass, I'm not really sure I should believe what they said or not, are they even capable of telling the truth. But the VA needs a doctor it self. I've never seen a bigger case of head up their ass in my life with the exception of our government. And I'm still buying my medication off the street because of the VA's neglect! Maybe I should be more accurate about what they said to me: There is no significant change with the growth on my brain stem. What the hell does that mean. Did it grow or not grow. What is a significant? Does it have to be twice as big to qualify for significant, WTF...

Tommy7

Postby Tommy7 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:54 am

Update: As of today: no changes, all is as it was!

Tommy7

Postby Tommy7 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:53 am

The Chillicothe, Ohio VA hospital never stops showing me just how f up they strive to be. A few days ago I call my team to request a medical appliance. Knowing how this VA has a tendency to ignore, neglect, and screw up, I also called the clinic that the appliance would come from just to cover all my bases. The clinic gave me a show up appointment for the next day. I went to the appointment and all went well. I was home for about four and a half hours when the nurse from my team called me to say that the doctor had received my request and had approved it. And now she could make me an appointment. I just had to laugh out loud when I told her that I had already had my appointment, been there and I'm now home. These people don't have a clue. If I did my job in a state of head up my ass like the VA, I'd been fired long ago... Most every time I go there, I see this type of thing happening and much worse...Again: WTF, does it ever stop? Am I the only one who see's and go's through this crap?

Tommy7

Postby Tommy7 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:52 am

This most likely will be my last post. Nothing concerning the VA hospital has changed. Seams like it's a good place to go if your in need of an early death, in need of neglect, or need to waste a lot of time. In the past ten or eleven months I've spent thousands of dollars to continue my pain meds that had the VA not cut me off of, would have cost me less than $100.00 for all eleven months at the VA. Now being at the end of my rope and most of my money - Why didn't someone tell me that heroin is so cheap by comparison and easy to find. Have a great day

Tommy7

Postby Tommy7 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:23 am

I just read where 307,000 veterans have passed away waiting for medical care at these quality care VA hospitals, WTF... Do you see something wrong with this picture? How much longer will people stand for this type of shit going on? I just don't get it, the devil truly has dominion on this earth. Please lord, were waiting for your return.

Return to “VA Hospital Issues”