VT Radio
Get Your Loan Now
Apply for your VA Home Loan Now
Apply for Jobs on HireVeterans.com Now
Austins School of Spa Technology
ME Online
<div style="background-color: #003366;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_widget/twitter_widget" title="web widget">Twitter Widget</a></div>

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: complaints about VA doctors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm 

Where can I find complaints about VA doctors. I had a bad experience with one and I'm sure he must have numerous complaints against him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:21 pm 
Forum Admin

Well, briz, you could start by posting your complaint right here.

I'm not sure of the legal aspects of actually identifying the doctor here.

You might want to let me get back to you on that part.

As for other ways to air the complaint, I have some numbers that I'm sure can be posted here. We could contact the local media. I may have a contact or two in the media that could help. I've got a few contacts, but until I know where we are talking about I don't know if my contacts are in that area.

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:23 pm 

It happened at the East Orange,NJ hospital. I've had good experiences there and then I came across this doctor who performed a very poor procedure on me. I honestly don't know where he got his degree but he also misdiagnosed a hernia I had (twice). I was just curious as to other complaints against doctors in the VA. He must be listed somewhere but I don't know where, that's why I came here thinking maybe there is a site someone might know that lists these doctors and what experiences people have had with them. Thanks for your reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:05 pm 

Briz,

There are some bad docs at the VA's to be sure... I had a run in with one in NY at the Bath VA. I reported it to his superior and to the head of the hospital...

Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country. Calvin Coolidge Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:02 am 
Forum Admin

briz wrote:
It happened at the East Orange,NJ hospital. I've had good experiences there and then I came across this doctor who performed a very poor procedure on me. I honestly don't know where he got his degree but he also misdiagnosed a hernia I had (twice). I was just curious as to other complaints against doctors in the VA. He must be listed somewhere but I don't know where, that's why I came here thinking maybe there is a site someone might know that lists these doctors and what experiences people have had with them. Thanks for your reply.

I do not know of a web site that lists the good and bad docs, but if anybody reads this that does know of such a site we would sure appreciate a link.

One would think there'd be some sort of accountability within the VA Hospital system, other than when the public or media finds out about something and starts screaming for accountability.

I'll check and see what our medical officer in our post has to say about the issue. Might be a week or two.

Coud be somebody else will have some idea before then.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate help.

Post subject: I gots complaints. I gots kudos.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:24 am 

VA is a large institution. I find that every hospital differs in quality. Also, once you've been burned by the system and start to grumble -- as with any HMO set-up, they blacklist and screw you. I've seen one of VA's finest hospitals do many good things for vets. Surely, they screw up, too. I'm not drunken in love with them. Many like them. Others don't. That one hospital has taken good care of my family and friends over the years. In fact, when any vet I know is seriously sick, I always shuffle them in through there. Just saved the life of an old Army & GS double retiree last month by getting him to VA rather than leaving him to a cow town hospital.

I've also seen VA kill my good friend and cover it up by cremating him immediately the moment his son started to blame the doc for issuing the wrong meds. My friend's story you can read on-line off my website under the case of "Gunney Chuck (USMC), My First Life Saved by Quackery." The link is in the Articles section. It's also buried way down below the Cayenne pepper pill bottle on the bottom left of the front page.

...He went in for minor surgery, but was on so many pills and the doc gave him probably a contraindicated dose or too much. Or, with his foggy mind and the way he used to pop pills, I guess it possible he maybe took one too many himself. The nurse found him dead clutching that pill bottle. Whoever dunnit, he shouldn't have been taking his own meds fresh out of surgery or having a pill bottle near him. The VA doc there certainly did move to cover his tracks, but my buddy did have his Advanced Directives listing cremation.

..Something many of you might want to reconsider. Whenever their social workers come around asking to modify your advanced directives, never give any doctor or medical system any kind of decision power over you. Leave it to family or a good friend.

[/i]

General Quack (generally a quack!) CINC, Continental Quack Command (CONQCOM) <p align="center"><a href="http://www.moleculardyne.com"><font size="2" face="Book Antiqua"><strong>www.MolecularDyne.com</strong></font></a><font size="2" face="Bo

Post subject: Bad docs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 pm 

Try this site to see if the doctor has been reported.

http://www.healthgrades.com/

Post subject: VA Doctors?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:22 pm 

I am appalled at some not at all of the VA doctors. I went with my husband on one of his many doctor appointments. This man who was supposed to be his primary care doctor was a total ass. Duane requested an appointment because of some pain he was having. We sat and waited in the exam room, hoping for some sort of "exam". This guy walks in and never even looked up from the papers he was holding. He proceeded to sit his butt down in front of a computer, ask a few questions that neither one of us could hear clearly and started typing on his keyboard. besides a quick check with his stethescope, he turned back to the computer. I doubt if he even knows what Duane looks like. he mumbles "Lose weight quit smoking." and walks out after the 20 minute time limit. I think this is a disgusting way to treat anyone. To treat someone with less dignity than you would treat a dog is apalling to me. Some of these so called professionals are just there to collect a paycheck. I'm totally disallusioned with the system. I keep reading that it's getting better, but I don't see it. If anything it seems to be getting worse.

Post subject: Bad bad VA doctors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:09 am 

I am so upset and no place to turn. My former husband (I am happily married to another but this man is the father of my grown children) is whacked out of his mind on meds his VA doctor is giving him. I have written at leat 100 times to ask for help for him. They do nothing. Nothing! He is doing crazy things he would NEVER do without these drugs. One of my sons says the drugs are what addicts get illegally to get high. This man will be dead soon. I just kow it. He is out of control, flyiing from the USA to Buenas Aires and back every week, etc. Stealling money, drinking, (never did before these drugs) driving all day long, not sleeping at ALL. Manic all day and all night. He is going down hill so fast and will be in jail or dead soon. The VA won't listen to a thing I say. The kids have called too. They could care less and are even rude.

What can I do for him? I only care because he is the father of my grown boys who are so upset. He was a good dad. This is ruining their lives as well. Thanks for listening.