YOUR PATIENT ADVOCATE

Complaints, Issues, and Concerns about the Veterans Administration Hospitals.

Moderator: bilbo37

robertdeming

YOUR PATIENT ADVOCATE

Postby robertdeming » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:50 am

Listen to me...

Your patient advocate does not work for you!! That is BS.

This is how it works.

The PA is hired by the VA. The PA works for the VA. Cool huh!

Okay, the PA reports to the director of the hospital. Bad!! That means the PA does not work for the patient. If they tell you that they are "all for you" and care. They are probably liars!

Believe me. The VAMC in Tucson AZ doesn't like me! They in fact probably "hate" me.

Okay, back to the PA. I'm going to say this again just so you understand. The PA works for the director of the hospital! If that PA provides to much info for the patient she/he looks bad in the eyes of the director. Such as Jon Gardner in Tucson.

The PA in Tucson was ***. She/He is not your friend and the other one isn't either. They are both liars! I can prove this in my records.

They both refused to assist and perform their duties as described in their job descriptions! PERIOD

I use my real name here - Robert Deming, USMC 66-69 100% DAV

I will debate this issue and all issues I post on this website with anyone! I don't lie about the VA...not necessary!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Admin Edit: You will please note an edit we did of another of your posts where it was pointed out that unless you are writing about somebody already known to the general public we ask that you refrain from posting folks' names on the website. This is not done as a means to coverup any wrongdoings. Privacy (at least on this site) is a very basic right that all folks have, whether they are good or bad. Your understanding and help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Greatbear100

Postby Greatbear100 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:35 pm

I learned the hard way that you are all so right. They are far from advocates and only try to placate vets so they will not bother the Director.
As for our Patient Rights, how often are you or your chosen representative
ever at any treatment team meetings to decide plans for your care===well we are suppose to be involved in our own treatment and planning or a person we designate to attend meeting with us or for us. I have never been to any of these meeting in my over 40 years of experience with the VA system and when I try to get involved with planning it is resented. Our Rights and Resposibilities as Veterans are not
honored at the VA Medicall Centers and when you try to get your rights you are labeled a trouble maker.

Tommy7

Re: YOUR PATIENT ADVOCATE

Postby Tommy7 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:37 am

I agree 100%. If you think that I didn't try the PA's in Chillicothe, Ohio, you would be mistaken big time. Read my post "Murder & Neglect": viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1195

Return to “VA Hospital Issues”