Winter Driving Tips

..Be A SAFE Winter Driver - Be SMART..
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Winter Driving Tips

Postby gmg » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:17 am

There’s no reason for me to offer you a lot of text when all you have to do is look at what’s already being presented on the Net, but if you wish I can ask and get permission from each of these sites to download and print their safety tips. Not really necessary, right?

There are a lot of good sites available, but I chose the folks at the top of the continent as they have some serious winter weather, yes? And then I chose the two corners of the U.S., Washington State and The State of Maine.

You folks that live in the warmer climes of the continent should still pay attention because you never know when something may happen and you’ll find yourself driving in winter weather conditions. I mean, it once snowed in Miami, Florida.

Remember to be smart to be safe!

Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety

Printable link.

Washington State Department of Transportation

Besides the usual, good mountain driving tips.

12 Safety Tips for Winter Driving

Commercial site, yes, but Randy is concise and his tips make sense.

NOTE: Just clic on one of those addresses in the quote box. They may not look like it, but they are set up as links.

Freedom isn't free!

Postby bilbo37 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Here in NY it is the same, it seems that most people forgot what it was like to drive in the previous winter.. So we get people that follow too close or think that they can still drive 70mph on snow covered roads..

I look at it like this, if the roads are covered in snow then you should only drive with the rest of traffic.. Going too slow is just as bad...

I hope that everyone stays safe this winter.. Though by This coming weekend, we are supposed to get rain, with temps in the high 30's .. Merry Christmas.. :D
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country. Calvin Coolidge Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Return to “=======Announcements=======”