Louisville based prosthetics program

Information To Help You Live A Healthier Life

Moderator: bilbo37

Xuchilibara

Louisville based prosthetics program

Postby Xuchilibara » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Hello, my name is Spencer Sumner, and I wanted to talk to you about a donation campaign I am running to provide prosthetics to veterans, homeless, and others who can't normally afford them.

To outline the basis of my campaign,  I am trying to get funding through donations to afford a CNC mill and 3D printer for the purpose of making free, or at least very low cost prosthetics for homeless veterans, veterans who are having problems with DAV benefits, and other amputees who otherwise couldn't afford prosthetics.

I will be making other things with the equipment to sell in order to fund the costs of the prosthetics so as to make them as cheap as possible, or ideally free for the customer.

I have experience with 3D modeling programs (Autocad, Blender) as well as years of metal working experience, (MIG welding, machine operating, knife making, DIY projects, etc.)
So I am going into this with the knowledge and skills to make it viable.

I've been a Kentucky resident for my entire life, and a Louisville resident for many years. I've long wanted to help my community in a beneficial manner, and with my skill set I believe this is the most effective way I can do so.

The link to my campaign is Gofundme.com/freeprosthetics

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you very much for your time.

Return to “Medical Alerts & Other Health Issues”