Ceremony Honors Fallen Medical Service Members

Site Links

Moderator: bilbo37

LOGGIE6692
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ceremony Honors Fallen Medical Service Members

Postby LOGGIE6692 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Army Cpl. Adam J. Fargo, a medic, was killed by a homemade bomb while on patrol in Iraq more than three years ago.

But his memory was strong for his sister on March 16, when she wore his dog tags and a picture of him in uniform draped around her neck.

"I love to honor him," said Sarah Fargo, whose father and two grandfathers stood by her side. "I love to see everyone honor him."

Fargo was one of the more than 300 people who gathered at Arlington National Cemetery in March for the Military Health System’s 2010 Remembrance Ceremony dedicated to fallen military medical personnel. Set on a hill with a backdrop of white marble gravestones, the ceremony honored 244 medical service members – medics, corpsmen, nurses and doctors – who died in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom from 2001 through Dec. 31, 2009. (Watch full video of the ceremony) Read more

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Ceremony Honors Fallen Medical Service Members

Postby gmg » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:26 am

Thank you for posting this, LOGGIE6692.

I'm afraid this sub-forum became too depressing for me soon after I started filing the casualty reports from DoD. I still receive the reports and I used to go through them one-by-one, but I just had to stop. It was bringing back too many memories of some I've known in the past. And events of a larger nature in the past.

Selfish of me to stop posting the summaries, I know, but I had to do it.

It's been a few years, though, so maybe I am better equiped mentally to handle it. But probably not. I don't think one ever gets over certain things in life. I don't know. I might try.

Ah heck, I didn't mean to get all long-winded here. I meant only to thank you, LOGGIE6692. But every time I visit this sub-forum I feel guilty as hell. Excuse the language, please.

Freedom isn't free!

Return to “===FALLEN WARRIORS===”