Prayers At Military Funerals

Site Links

Moderator: bilbo37

Riley

Prayers At Military Funerals

Postby Riley » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Houston National Cemetery after he went undercover and determined that cemetery officials are still preventing Christian prayers at the funerals of military veterans. “The Obama administration continues to try to prevent the word ‘God’ from being used at the funerals of our heroes,” said. Rep. John Culberson (R-Texas).

“It’s unacceptable and I’m going to put a stop to it as fast as humanly possible,” Culberson told Fox News Radio. He attended a burial service at the cemetery undercover on July 8, when he says he witnessed volunteer members of the honor guard from the Veterans of Foreign Wars being prohibited from using any references to God.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07 ... rayers-at/

It's tough enough without throwing this at the grieving families. These heroes gave up their lives for their country yet they are dishonored in death. If Obama is behind this, it needs to end. If he doesn't want to use the word "God" that is his business but he should not be allowed to force his values onto the families that lost a loved one.
I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.

gmg
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Prayers At Military Funerals

Postby gmg » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 pm

The impression I got was that there was a sort of default setting at that place that if there were not clear statements by family members to allow it that it would not be allowed. That seems odd for starters.

The second thing that seems odd is there must be some preparation for a ceremony and that must include some kind of paperwork and probably some verbal communication of some sort and so it seems to me the cemetery staff have an obligation, a duty, to get everything straight before the ceremony takes place.

So if the cemetery staff do not know what the situation is on the day of the funeral I say they did not do their job. There is no excuse for such an important issue to be left in limbo until the hour of the ceremony. No reason at all.

If that happens more than once somebody on that staff needs to be fired. Plain and simple.

Freedom isn't free!

Return to “===FALLEN WARRIORS===”